Gourmet Society Bloggers’ March Recommendations
Spring has certainly kicked off in style, hasn’t it? The UK has been peppered with sunlight, the days have gotten longer and it’s starting to get warm enough that we hesitate when grabbing a coat on our way out. Well, it’s almost at that level, as nine times out of ten the lack of a coat will evoke instant regret, but we’re getting there! Just as Rome wasn’t built in a day, the British spring also needs time to mature.
Though it’s been a rollercoaster outside of the weather, what with the duality of politicians consistently projecting barely veiled insanity and the elation of thousands thanks to some enthralling new games and movies coming out (we take our positives where we can), it’s been nothing but good news from Gourmet Society. A new month means a new ensemble of tantalising restaurants and March hasn’t been any different! Case in point are the following restaurants that have made us here at Gourmet Society long to dash out of the office for an early lunch; coat or no coat.
- Castello, Esher: Quaint and cosy yet sublime in its food offerings, this Italian spot is perfect for any occasion.
- Thai Aubergine, St Pancras: A charming venue awash with a tantalising array of Thai indulgences.
- Vivaan, Hounslow: Contemporary in style and substance, fans of all things Indian will adore this restaurant.
- Sapporo Teppanyaki, Liverpool: Acting as both dinner and a show, the mesmerising cooking techniques will enthral diners as much as the Japanese dishes will delight them.
- Branded, Hull: Classic American fare with some steakhouse elements thrown in for good measure, ravenous hungers will be sated here.
- Middletons Hotel, York: Utterly spellbinding, afternoon tea here can take a myriad forms, each one making for a magical midday refreshment.
- Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Chester: A renowned named across the globe, this chef’s steakhouse serves a medley of opulent, Modern British style luxuries.
- Oddfellows, Chester: Another Chester based haven for gourmets, the eclectic ensemble of internationally inspired dishes is sure to please all walks of life.
- Warehouse, Colchester: A comfortable venue that’s perfect for casual occasions, the diverse menu presents a wealth of wondrous dining options.
- The Beach House, Milford-on-Sea: Simply a stunning location to visit, the exemplary level of service and glorious surroundings only enrich the delectable British dishes served here.
- Goa Balti, Everleigh: Making the customer feel at home is the ethos of this Indian restaurant, which appears as an incredibly stylish spot to visit.
- A La Turka, Kent: Breathing new life into the cuisine, this Turkish restaurant offers an exotic selection of sumptuous meals.
Scotland / Ireland
- Bar Varia, Braehead: Homely, comfortable and overflowing with German fare and fashion, any occasion can be enhanced with a trip to this excellent venue.
- Assam’s, Glasgow: A large and accommodating spot that serves to quell any curry craving.
- Tower Bar and Bistro, Donabate: Breath-taking views and a rich selection of classic dishes make a beach trip to this location an unforgettable experience.
By Tom Simpkins