Chain Recipe of the Month – Chef & Brewer’s Mango, Mozzarella and Asparagus Salad
Every month here at the Gourmet Society, we get creative in our kitchens and draw from our chain restaurants for inspiration for new seasonal dishes. Today, using the inspiration from the sunshine streaming through our windows, we’re pulling together one of our absolute favourite options from Chef & Brewer’s menu – the Mango, Mozzarella and Asparagus Salad.
When it comes to serving great food in a beautiful pub setting with bags of character, Chef & Brewer is just the place. Whether you’re after chilled drinks and a spot of al fresco dining in the summer months or warm and cosy evenings in front of crackling log fires in winter, Chef & Brewer’s traditional country pubs offer the perfect setting.
The food is rooted in traditional British cuisine, freshly prepared and cooked by their skilled chefs showcasing a modern flair with the dishes they produce. From the pub classics you know and love to some sensational new signature dishes or lighter options, there’s something delicious for everyone.
Chef & Brewer’s version of today’s recipe is a delightful medley of roasted new potatoes, red pepper, red onions and baby gem, cherry tomatoes and lambs leaf. Finished with pomegranate jewels, cashews and drizzled with basil pesto. We’ve taken this dish as inspiration, and replaced some of their ingredients with our own – notably, replacing mozzarella with goats cheese for a subtly different flavour.
We’d love it if you gave this a try – but if it all goes wrong, never fear. You can get 25% off the total bill at Chef & Brewer Mon-Fri with your Gourmet Society card.
Homemade Mango, Goats Cheese & Asparagus Salad (to serve four of you)
- 1 kg of asparagus, with the woody ends removed
- 200g of crumbled goats’ cheese
- 2 juiced limes
- Zest of 1 lime and slices of lime for garnish
- 1 deseeded, chopped red chilli
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stone removed and sliced into sections
- 2 red onions peeled and sliced thinly
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons of canola oil
- To create the salad, start by cooking the asparagus in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Cut into chunks and mix with the mango and the onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the lime juice and the zest of lime with white wine vinegar, chilli and brown sugar to create the dressing. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Begin to gradually whisk in the canola oil until complete – then toss together with the salad.
- Sprinkle goats cheese over the salad, and serve garnished with the lime slices.
Not so great in the kitchen but like the look of this? Don’t worry! Our members get 25% off the total bill at Chef & Brewer meaning you can sample the real thing – for less! Discover your nearest Chef & Brewer venue by visiting us here.